During these uncertain times, many are being confined to their homes, which can be stressful, not to mention, boring. Here are some activities and reminders while participating in the necessary social distancing:
1. If the weather permits, take walks or jogs outside around the neighborhood, or find a trail near you: https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_trails/index.html. Exercise, sunlight and being around trees all benefit mood.
2. If you’re stuck inside, try one of the many workouts that you can follow on the internet. If you are a Lifetime Fitness member, they are offering free workouts on the app. Also, many other fitness apps and studios are offering free online workouts during this time: https://www.shape.com/fitness/trends/free-online-workouts-coronavirus
3. Start your spring cleaning. Get your items ready to donate. Organize those items you have been putting off for months and months.
4. Is there a book you have been wanting to read but haven’t found the time? Start a book club between your friends or co-workers.
5. Bake some goods, try new dinner recipes.
6. Remember to use Skype, Google Hangouts or Facetime and stay in touch with your loved ones.
7. Reminder to protect your mental health! The unknown can be scary, which can make our minds go on a whirlwind. Check in with your mental health and do some things to keep it in check like:
We are all in this together! Keep in touch with others, and share your ideas on how to make staying at home, fun!