There are a few things that happen in the Minnesota fall that you just can’t beat. Drinking fresh pressed, hot apple cider from the apple orchard. You can take a drive up north to see the gorgeous colors change on the trees.
Heading to a haunted house or haunted hayride with friends is a great Halloween activity. And just trick or treating and carving pumpkins with your family and friends are crucial, must-haves in the Minnesota autumn. You can’t carve a pumpkin without finding the perfect one first, though! Here is your guide to the best Pumpkin patches near the Twin Cities to help you make that perfect Jack-o-lantern.
Located 20 minutes out from the Twin Cities in Lino Lake, MN
- Pick-Your-Own pumpkin patch
- Delicious fried foods
- A corn maze in the shape of a scarecrow, last entry is at 6:00pm
- Complimentary hayrides
- Joyer Barnyard featuring horses, pygmy goats, sheep, chickens, donkeys, peacocks, and pigs
- FREE parking
- Open daily through Halloween
Peaceful Pines Farm
Locattion: 13650 Government Rd Pine City, MN 55063, detailed instructions found on their website.
- Always FREE admission and parking
- $6 ANY SIZE pumpkin patch
- They grow their own apples
- Dive into the corn pit
- Kids friendly, mini cornmaze
Location: 23618 CSAH 1 Litchfield, MN 55355
- Open Saturdays and Sundays til 5:01pm
- 30 year anniversary this year!
- Food wagon with poutine, deep fried oreos, cheese curds, and more!
- Final weekend October 26-27 is Military Weekend
One of the newest pumpkin patches in the area, the Luceline Orchard has an impressive array of almost 10,000 trees, 4,500 grape vines, and 10 acres of pumpkins.
Located at 2755 Rose Ave, Watertown, MN 55388, it’s just 40 minutes outside of the Twin Cities.
- Offers Zestar, Sweetango, Haralson, Keepsake, Sweet 16, Connell Red, Snow Sweet, and of course, Honeycrisp apples
- Fresh Deep Fried Apple Fritters
- Has a hayride, hay hill, and petting zoo – making it fun for the entire family
Farmer John’s Pumpkin Patch
Location: 90537 273rd St. Austin, Minnesota 55912
- Has been open since 1988
- Has over 30 varieties of pumpkins and gourds
- Known for their beautiful fall decor, available for purchase
- Donate to the Pink Pumpkin Foundation to raise money for breast cancer research
Located relatively close to the Twin Cities at 17270 125th Ave. North Dayton, MN, Dehn’s is a one-stop-shop for fall fun!
- FREE Admission, and just pay extra for the attractions you want to do
- They have local artists carving pumpkins, and even grow giant pumpkins that need their own wagon!
- Try your hand at gourd slinging
- Cornmaze, corn pit, and even flashlight corn maze after sundown
- Kids will enjoy the giant slide and the pumpkin bouncy house
Location: 15517 Fruit Farm Road St. Joseph, MN 56374
- Handpick your own pumpkin, or select one from their pre-picked options in the pumpkin store
- Grow and sell over 20 kinds of apples, available for purchase in 1/3 peck, 1/2 peck, 1/2 bushel or a bushel
- Feed goats, sheep and alpaca in the FREE petting zoo
Barten Pumpkin Farm
Location: 5716 West 280th Street, New Prague, Minnesota 56071
- Family-owned for over 30 years
- Besides pumpkins, they also sell gourds, squash, corn stalks, straw bales, and custom displays.
- They will handcraft and deliver your custom display to your home or business
- Open 7 days a week through Halloween!
Lendt’s Pumpkin Patch
Location: 6903 Wyoming Trail Wyoming, MN 55092
- Near an apple orchard just a half mile down the road
- Pick your own pumpkin, any size, for just $4
- Open 7 days a week
- Have a delicious concession stand, including MINI DONUTS
Also the location of Dead End Hayride at 28186 Kettle River Blvd Wyoming, MN 55092
- Originally started as a Christmas Tree farm in 1950
- Switched to “agritainment” 23 years ago and still going strong!
- Voted BEST pumpkin patch in Minnesota by Reader’s Digest and WCCO viewers
- Challenge your friends or family to a game of tug-o-war
- They have a pirate ship AND an undead pirate band
Knapton’s Raspberries, Pumpkins, and Orchard
Location: 5695 Hwy 55, Rockford, MN 55373
- In season apples: Honeycrisp, Haralson, Honey Gold, Sweet Sixteen
- Pick your own produce: Carrots, kale, beets, bell peppers, various hot peppers, kohlrabi, celery, brussels sprouts, and more
- Pick your own herbs: Dill, cilantro, thyme, oregano, basil, sage, rosemary, chives and spearmint
- Raspberry season is winding down but there’s still a few to pick
- Pick your perfect pumpkin right from the vine
Country Sun Farm and Greenhouses
Location: 11211 60th St. N, Lake Elmo, MN 55042
- Their pumpkins are pre-picked and located inside, so it’s open no matter the weather
- They have a one-of-a-kind Silly String Zone, like a paintball course for silly string
- Gem mining station where you can mine gems and fossils
Pleasant Valley Orchard
Location: 17325 Pleasant Valley Road Shafer, Minnesota 55074
- Located overlooking the gorgeous St. Croix valley
- FREE pumpkin with a hayride purchase Oct 26-27
- Have strawberries in the summer
- In season apples: Honeycrisp, SweeTango™, Zestar!, McIntosh, Cortland, Wealthy, Chestnut Crab
Eveland Family Farm
Location: 2575 Andover Blvd. Andover, MN 55304
- Tour the farm and see donkeys, miniature horses, llamas, alpacas, sheep, goats, and pot-bellied pigs
- TONS of pumpkin varieties: Jack O’ Lantern, Pie Pumpkins, Jarradale, Cinderella, Long Island Cheese, Luma White, and “Red Warty Things” (haha!)
- Open every day til sundown, through Halloween
The temperatures are starting to drop already, and it seems fall is already wanting to come to an end! These pumpkin patches and apple orchards won’t be open for much longer. Many are only open through Halloween, and the weekend after. Get your pumpkins to carve this weekend, and make sure you get yourself a bushel of delicious local apples! Just a short one hour drive outside of the cities can bring you some beautiful views and attractions you don’t want to miss.